Ventura SQL 2.6 is available for download.
Deleted Recordsets will also be deleted from the Visual Studio C# output projects. All folders you specify in a Ventura SQL project are managed by Ventura SQL. Ventura will empty the folders as needed. So do not place other files in these folder, as they will be deleted at code generation time.
"Auto-run Auto Create"
The Auto Create Recordsets module runs when code generation is started.
This makes Ventura easier to use when modifying tables in the database.
Before: a) modify/add table column. b) delete Auto Create folder. c) run Auto Create d) run Generate.
New: a) modify/add table column. b) run Generate.
A preview for Ventura SQL 2.5 is available for download.
This is a major update that makes Ventura SQL a mature product with extended functionality.
The code generator, Ventura SQL Studio is feature complete:
- Select any ADO.NET Provider in the provider page;
- A new Advanced Provider Settings dialog;
- When creating a new project, there is a list of templates to choose from;
- A new Recordset parameter definition dialog;
- The Auto Create Recordsets module has been added;
- A lot of improvements to the generated Recordset C# code;
The documentation and website have not been updated yet.
I am still tweaking the runtimes, to make loading and saving data with the Recordsets as simple and productive as possible.
Later this month, Ventura SQL version 2.5 will be available for download.
This version is not locked down to SQL Server anymore. You can consume any ADO.NET Provider with Ventura.
Use Ventura for a 3-tier solution with SQL Server, or use Ventura with a locally installed SQLite database. There are no limitations.
Ventura SQL is the only Data Access Layer with integrated middle-tier.
Ventura SQL 2.0 is available for download.
The UI has been improved:
- The Project Explorer is always visible.
- Multi-select Move, Copy and Delete implemented.
- The menu on the left side of each tab has been removed, and replaced by buttons on the top row of the page.
Ventura SQL 1.100.53 is available for download.
Version 1.100 is a major update.
What is new:
- The Ventura runtime libraries are delivered as .NET Standard 2.0 class libraries.
- ASP.NET Core 2.0 support.
- The out-of-box experience is vastly improved. When you create a new project, Ventura SQL Studio creates sample Visual Studio projects in the Ventura SQL project folder.
- References to C# projects in Ventura's .venproj file are now using relative file paths.
Ventura SQL compiled for .NET Standard 2.0 will run on the following platforms:
- .NET Framework 4.6.1;
- .NET Core 2.0;
- Mono 5.4;
- Xamarin.iOS 10.14;
- Xamarin.Mac 3.8;
- Xamarin.Android 7.5;
- UWP targetting Fall Creators Update (FCU, Build 16299) as the minimum version of your UWP project.
The upcoming version 1.100 of Ventura SQL comes with sample projects that can be used as a template for implementing Ventura in your projects.
In the "New Project" dialog, simple leave the "Create sample" checkbox checked an then sample client and server (ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core 2.0) projects will be installed in the project folder.
Version 1.100 is currently in beta testing.
The upcoming version 1.100 of Ventura SQL comes with runtime DLLs for ASP.NET Core 2.0.
An ASP.NET Core web server project can be used as the middle-tier.
There is not that much to tell about ASP.NET Core support as it functions similar to the current ASP.NET runtime.